Master thesis in Computer Vision for Augmented Learning at Smartest Learning
Smartest Learning is a young EdTech startup founded in 2019. Our solution uses Artificial Intelligence to automatically create interactive practice tests from existing study material such as textbooks, work sheets, or articles.
We are offering a number of exciting Master thesis projects focusing on utilising Computer Vision (CV) for Augmented Learning. Topics include but are not limited to:
- Document layout analysis for educational content, such as textbooks.
- Automatic digitisation of school material.
You will be supervised by Dr. Nikola Nikolov (https://ninikolov.github.io/) as well as a faculty member of your institution.
What to expect:
- Work on an innovative Computer Vision research project with direct impact on a real-world EdTech product
- Exposure to working in a startup environment
- Studies in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Vision. Completed a course in the area.
- Experience with Machine Learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Strong programming skills in Python.
- Solution-oriented, independent and reliable team-player
- Build on and improve our existing algorithms for document layout analysis and understanding.
- Improve our inhouse document understanding datasets using data augmentation techniques and crowdsourcing.
- Collaborate within our small but international team.
- Start: As soon as possible
- Duration: as specified by your study programme
- Location: Zurich area and/or home office (we will also consider applicants from outside of Switzerland).