How to create a “Select answers” exercise
Smartest offers you different templates so you can find the perfect one for your study materials. Let’s see how to create a select answers exercise.
What is a select answers exercise?
A select answers exercise consists of questions that can be answered with a limited set of possible answers. A good example is right or wrong questions or multiple choice questions.
How to create a select answers exercise step by step:
1. Choose the "Select answers" template
Click on “Create new exercise” and then on the “Select answers” template
2. Upload a source
A window opens up where you can upload a source. Here you have four different options on how to upload your study materials:
- My sources: Upload an existing source
- Upload source: Upload a new source from your computer
- Upload via QR code: Upload a new source via your smartphone. You can simply scan the QR code with your smartphone and then you can select a source from your phone or take a picture.
- Free text: You can also upload text manually. Simply write or paste the text that you want to upload into the field.
3. Select your answer format
Once you have uploaded your source you can select your answer format on the right side of the page. You have three different options available, that you can also mix and match for the same document:
- One correct answer: You have a question and only one answer is correct.
- All that apply: You have a question but you can have multiple correct answers.
- True-False: The statement is either true or false.
4. Define your questions and answers
You have to manually select the text that you want to turn into a question and drag it from the left side of your screen to the right side. Same goes with the correct answer. Select the correct answer in your source document and drag it over to the right. After that you can manually add distractors as wrong answers.
5. Name your exercise
This one is quite obvious, but don’t forget to name your exercise so you can find it again at a later point.
6. Add instructions
If your exercise needs instructions, you can add your instructions here. Tell everyone who will be doing this exercise on what they should focus and what the purpose of this exercise is.
7. Preview your exercise
Once you are happy with your exercise, click on the preview button to see how it looks. The preview opens in a new window so you can still make changes in the editing mode.
8. Save your exercise
Don’t forget to save your exercise once you are happy about it. When you click “save” you will automatically come to your “All my exercises” page where you can start studying.
And this is how you can create a select answers exercise in under 10 steps! We hope that this tutorial will help you to create your select answers exercises. 👍